Damn near every day of my life I wish I maintained some sort of documentation of my daily life.
Something that I can refer back to when I'm 45 and think "Oh, gosh that was such a great day."
I am so severely UNdisciplined, though, that this never actually pans out for me. I have strewn through my room in various boxes or on various bookshelves notebooks containing scattered journal entries and the like, but nothing with such a dedicated purpose.
I love reading journals and diaries. It's a living document. A record of one's life and experiences. How completely awesome is that??
Very. That's how awesome. Very awesome. And I so so want that for myself. I just can't ever stay the hell on board! I don't know for certain that this is my eighty-fifth shot at this, but Hell, close enough.
My intention with this journal is to do nothing more than record what is happening in my life. So that someday, I can refer back to this and recall that which has happened to me, the ways I felt, the experiences I had and with whom they were shared. I want that so bad for myself.
Here's hoping I am able to stick with it this time. For my own sake.
I don't expect anyone to read this other than myself. Should you stumble across it though and find it worth your time, stick around. If I thought my life bland or uninteresting, I wouldn't have any desire to record and reflect. If you stumble across it and don't see a point in staying, that's fair too. If you never see it at all, you won't be reading this message anyhow.
And from here, I don't know where to go. Do I summarize my life? Do I detail my day? Neither option seems totally important at this exact moment. My life and this day are fairly inconsequential at this exact moment in time.
A brief summary, I am twenty years old. I work in retail sales and live in the incredible Valley of the Sun. I am in a thoroughly fulfilling relationship and simply adore my friends and family. Everything else will bring itself to light as time goes on. Or I will forget all about this blog before much time passes. Seems equal chance for both.
No comments:
Post a Comment