Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mean to justify my crime; speeding is speeding and I was definitely speeding. I acknowledge that and I'm not proud. But you have to keep in mind that late at night there is NO ONE on the 303. Like. No one. Except sometimes, cops.
So I got pulled over and was cited for civil speeding even though it was definitely criminal. Guy knocked it down for me. Thanks, guy.
I opted for the defensive driving course rather than accept and pay the fine. Thing is, these classes are expensive and I'm in debt to my collar bone. So I was only just able to scrape up the money to begin this course today. Two days before it's due. I. Suck.
The biggest problem I am having is that it is required by state law that the online courses last a minimum of four hours. I read quite fast, you see and am able to finish reading a course section fairly quickly. Once I finish reading a section, I am required to just. Wait. It's insanely annoying. I have to just wait. I can't continue on. I can't finish up. I have to wait. So that they can know I spent four hours on the course. Forgive me if the rest of this post seems scatterbrained. I will be writing it during those periods in which I am just WAITING to be allowed to continue my course. Unless I finish in the next 14 minutes. That's how much longer I have to wait.
Work still sucks. My back hurts and my eyes hurt and my soul hurts and I am tired and my mom remarks daily on the bags under my eyes. I hate this. As soon as I have some time to myself, I am going to finish my resume and start submitting it. If I am going to be busting my ass the way I am, I can make a few bucks more an hour and do it a bit closer to home. Alyssa is totally killing me. I love her to death and she is one of my best friends in the world but she spends entirely too much time doing absolutely nothing. I really don't want all my frustration from the situation to couple onto her lack of work and motivation and lead to a strain on our friendship. I need to just GTFO.
My dog is doing AWESOME. He is SO much better than I was expecting him to be post-op. He hasn't had any problem with not licking his stitches and he isn't any less active or playful or happy. He seems to be in perfect condition and I am SO glad. The only thing wrong is that he is lonely and misses the other dogs but tomorrow he will be allowed to play again and he should be right as rain. We only hope it will mean that he is more tame and less aggressive as is the goal of the sterilization. Finger crossed!
My sister is in town. She and I have eaten about thirty Doritos Locos tacos. We've also bickered a lot. Some things never change. While nothing all that hugely exciting has happened regarding her being here apart from just her being here, I am thrilled to have gotten to see her. I love my sister dearly and it's a joy to have her in the next room. Hopefully before she leaves on Sunday, she'll have had a chance to meet Kyle.
Kyle, who unfortunately is quite sick right now. It breaks my heart to know someone I love so much is feeling so crappy. He has been getting steadily worse since Thursday evening, culminating today in him coughing up blood. He will be seeing a doctor tomorrow to see what's wrong. Holding my breath until then. Kyle, honey, I love you dearly. Feel better soon, my love.
Lastly, I suppose I will mention what happened to me at Office Max today. For the sake of getting it out of the way, I will just copy the tale as it was told to Kyle so excuse the choppy tone. It's just how I talk.
So my mom asked me to bring her home tax software. I TOLD HER I couldn't afford to bring her any; that I would need to empty my bank account into the tank tonight and didn't have the money. But she insisted I could afford it and she would give me gas money when she paid me back. I get to Office Max and the Turbo Tax is on display right as you come through the door. But the cheapest one I can't afford. So I stand there while I try calling my mom. The guy at the counter asks if I'm ready to check out. Note, I'm not standing in line. I am standing in front of the Turbo Tax display and on the phone. Not in line. The guy asks if I'm ready to check out and I say no. So he makes a VERY obvious noise of impatience and rolls his eyes and walks away. My mom doesn't answer the phone so I put my phone away, contemplate for a minute and then ask the guy if he has anything besides Turbo Tax. He says "Uh. Yea. H and R." I ask where it is. He points behind me. I turn and see no tax software. When I look harder I see it WAY THE SHIT DOWN after like three other displays. Like a vague point in the general direction is going to tell me that. So I go there, see I can afford the basic one and see the box says display box only. I go BACK to the counter where the guy is just sitting on the counter not doing shit. I tell him I want to buy the basic H and R software. He says "Where is it?" I look at him with an are-you-fucking-kidding-me-guy look and explain about the display box so he stomps away to get it for me. Comes back and NO SHIT. TOTALLY SERIOUS. NOT KIDDING AT ALL. FUCKER SITS DOWN ON THE COUNTER FACING AWAY FROM ME AS HE RINGS ME OUT.
I've noticed I have been getting a handful of unexpected views. I acknowledge that this is probably just a fluke and no one is ACTUALLY reading this garbage, but on the offchance that you are reading this, it would be totally awesome for you to leave a comment and let me know you read it. Let me know if you liked it. Let me know if you think I should shut up. Whatever you wanna do. Up to you.
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment