Friday, March 9, 2012

So Long, Manhood.

At this exact moment, my mom is drunkenly talking to my step-dad's friend about how everyone is going to die.


Yesterday was a pretty awful day. I don't remember all the details, though. Hopefully someday I get in the habit of blogging or journaling daily so that this doesn't happen. That is, of course, the goal of this project. We'll see how it works out for me. Ultimately, though, the worst part of yesterday was various aspects of how much I hate my job. I "verbally" attacked a customer when I let him know that I didn't intend to tolerate his harassment. Whether or not he contacts my higher ups remains to be seen but suffice it to say, I am confident my HR department will stand behind me that I was within my rights in defending myself against his verbal harassment.


Audrey is still out recovering from her surgery and Alyssa and I have been fairly unmotivated when it comes to the mountain of tasks we have to take care of. It's really a shame. But we're just so burnt out. She and I both are working well into overtime in the absence of our only other associate. To show up and stay conscious is about the best I can do right now.


During the heavy workload of the upcoming weeks, I won't really have any time to see Kyle. We had planned originally for me to spend the night with him tomorrow night so that we could get our fill of one another on my only day off before we aren't really able to see one another for a while. He started feeling sick this morning, however, so we aren't sure if we will be able to do that. It's really pretty heartbreaking. I get to see him only a couple times a week and that isn't near enough. It's going to be terribly hard to go more than a week without seeing him. That hasn't happened since November. He says he would come by the store to see me while I'm at work, but I think that is incredibly inconvenient for him and kind of a waste of his time. We'll see, I guess.


My sister is due here in less than 48 hours. Again, because of my work schedule, I will have insanely little time for her but I am totally thrilled that I will get to see her. Of all the people in the entire world, there isn't anyone I love as much as I love her or who loves me as much as she does. I don't want to think about the fact that she is only going to be here for a week. Right now, I'm just focusing on how totally excited I am.


Today I took my dog to get fixed. I took him to a mobile Spay and Neuter clinic because it was by far the least expensive thing I found. I had to wake up at five am. I was up Skyping with Kyle until eleven pm and reading The Merchant of Venice for a while after that. Five came WAYtoo early. I packed him in the car and headed the thirty miles to the mobile clinic. Once there, we got in line and the dog in front of us and behind us were both bullying Finch. He is already an incredibly timid dog. When the woman put the lead around him and pulled him into the van, he was shaking and crying. I felt like the biggest asshole in the world. I went and hung out with two of my dearest friends Erika and Stephen while waiting for him to be done. So far, he is doing okay. He doesn't seem to be in too much pain or he is handling it very well. He is a pitiful mess in his cone, but he is being good about not licking with it off so we may not have to do that.


I was also invited today to join a fantasy baseball league. I am very weary about this because I don't know how confident I am in my ability to draft. I don't really follow baseball insofar as I only just follow the Diamondbacks and become used to the NL West as consequence. I don't know if I can handle the time investment and the other people in the league are strangers apart from the commissioner so I don't really know. I guess I will keep you posted on that. I think as long as I get in before the draft next weekend, I have time to mull it over and acquaint myself a bit better with the rules.


I think that's about it... I don't know if there is anything else important to mention. Covered today for the most part, covered yesterday as much as needed. I suppose I will conclude-
NO!
As I mentioned, I was reading The Merchant of Venice.
I LOVE Shakespeare and I have intended for many years to read The Merchant of Venice because the first EVER appearance of the name Jessica is the merchant's daughter. I LOVE the fact that my name is Shakespearean because I LOVE Shakespeare. So now that Kyle is reading it in his Shakespeare class, I am reading it along with him. By which I mean I am on Act III Scene III and he hasn't started it yet. I've agreed to wait for him to catch up. I've found it a surprisingly easy read relative to other Shakespeare works I've read. So at least there's that.

1 comment:

  1. Why don't you can kyle form a bookclub or something if you love him so much

    ReplyDelete