Saturday, March 3, 2012

If You Fail to Plan, You Plan to Fail

After expressing my concerns with my boyfriend about my inability to maintain a blog, I have decided I am going to devise some rules for my own sake to make sure that I am following through with this until it becomes habit.


Rule number one: I MUST write a blog at LEAST once a week. I will up this to twice a week once I become more accustomed. Being that I have no worldly obligations beyond work, there is no reason I can't keep this commitment. I officially REQUIRE myself to write every single Tuesday if not more frequently.


Rule number two: I will keep a day-to-day record of significant events to recap in each entry. Being that the purpose of this endeavor is to provide a reminder to my future self of how my life was, it is important that I keep myself up to date with myself and not cheat myself out of any memories. This will also serve as fodder for when I don't really have anything to say. If nothing else at all, I can boringly rehash my week in retrospect in hopes that other topics are therein inspired.


Rule number three: Every important event must be reiterated here as soon after its occurrence as possible, lest I forget critical details or worse, to record the event at all. As the whole purpose of this endeavor is to serve as a reminder of my past for my future self, I would be doing a great disservice to myself to omit these most crucial moments. Such events shall include; significant social gatherings, moments in which I exhibit any intensely heightened emotion, pretty much any story worth retelling to an uninvolved acquaintance.


Rule number four: While at this exact time I don't have the intention of advertising this blog in any way or even really discussing it with anyone (apart from the one person with whom I already have) for any reason, should I acquire readers at any time in the future, any requests, prompts or questions they have for me will take precedence as a topic for entry and will be addressed at the first possible opportunity. In the meantime, I will take it upon myself in the course of each day to make note of topic ideas so that I can try to avoid stagnating with this journal ergo assisting myself in keeping it active.


Rule number five: Additions to the list of rules are welcome at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment