Today we had our quarterly associates training meeting and some really great changes are going to be made.
Yesterday, Alyssa explained to me that I was possibly going to receive a promotion to an assistant manager position and would receive a dollar forty per hour pay raise, but also that our commissions would be cut on cellphone sales, not totally making the pay raise mean a whole lot. But still, a pay increase is a pay increase and an official management title would look amazing on my resume. What she left out was the fact that each individual associate would be scrutinized less for their sales numbers and the store's sales metrics as a whole would culminate in HUGE monthly bonuses for every team member and selling standards were being changed on top of other things to make our jobs SO much easier and our morale SO much higher. While I am not giving up totally on looking for a better opportunity for myself, I am so much happier with where I am knowing the steps that are being taken in the company and what they mean for me personally.
Along the lines of still keeping my eye on better options, I was reassured today that I still have the opportunity at the Prima Vera online high school job with Cindy. AIMS testing and being sick has preoccupied her for a while but I was told today that she's still working on getting me the answers I need and still wants to help me with this opportunity. It is a huge relief to know this is still a possibility because it would just be setting me up so hugely.
Today I also got to spend some time with Kyle today. That's always important to mention because it's the best part of any day.
No comments:
Post a Comment