WOW is there so much to say.
I'm writing this blog from Erika's apartment. But I'm on my bed. WHAT!
Yea, I decided it was high time I left my mom's house. My stepdad has been telling me for a long time that I need to find a new job and for a long time I was looking for a new job as they wanted me to. But when the opportunity for a promotion arose, I was just very unwilling to sacrifice the chance and I told them that I would not continue to look; I wanted the promotion. My mom's husbands response to this was to declare that I was not welcome to use their car to get to work past May 4th. That if I wouldn't put in my two weeks, I wouldn't be allowed to be able to get to work anyhow. So I told them I would be staying with Erika's.
It has been a messy situation and many harsh words were said. My mom, of course, is siding with him. I fully understand the merit of wanting me to not work so far from home for only minimum wage and be a drain on their resources in the mean time. Which is why I was obliging in searching for a job in the first place. But for them to completely deny me the opportunity at a really great promotion, moreover flat out TELL me that they had no faith in my chances at the promotion in the first place, I decided it was best for everyone involved for me to get out of their hair so I made other arrangements.
For the time being I am staying in Erika's studio in S. Phoenix until Audrey and Nick have their old roommate out of their place and his room cleaned up. For the safety of my dog and my belongings, Kyle and I are moving me out completely tomorrow. As for my relationship with my mom and her husband, in the case of the former it is severely strained. Her lack of support or backup is something that I can't overlook. In the case of the latter, FUCK HIM. We have been on this obnoxious merry-go-round of mutual respect and mutual hatred for far too long and I am done trying with him. As far as I'm concerned, he is (again) only the guy my mom happens to be married to. I have nothing left for him and if I never talk to him again it would be too soon.
Regarding being here, it is alright. I haven't yet had to start busing but when I do, I don't anticipate a whole lot of trouble. For now I am just glad to get to spend some time with her. Hopefully it won't interfere too much with my sleep. Regarding moving into Audrey's, I can't WAIT. I am SO excited. I get to play grown up again for the first time in more than a year and I get to spend a lot of time with a super great friend WHILE having the privacy of my own bedroom.
I submitted my application for my promotion. I am going to be a nervous wreck until I hear back. Everyone is giving me very positive feedback, though, so I hope that it all works out for me.
I REALLY love my friends who have all been such rockstars through this whole ordeal. Thank you so much, Alyssa, Audrey, Erika and Kyle. I love you guys to death.
SHIT! After I published this I TOTALLY forgot to tell what happened that made me choose this title!!
Anyway. Walking from work to the grocery store I watched a guy run out of gas. On my way back from the store he stopped and asked if I had any cash to spare so he could get a gallon of gas. I told him I did not but that he could use my gas can. He promised to bring it back and never did. This story is so much less exciting in hindsight.
No comments:
Post a Comment